IHS Markit Java Developer File Delivery in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Education and experience
• Fluency in English, spoken and written
• Solid technical background in implementing object oriented systems
• Bachelor Degree in Computer science & engineering
• Experience as a software development engineer with proven experience in agile and continuous delivery
• Highly proficient in Java
• Sound understanding of low level Java programming APIs, such as concurrency, NIO and byte buffers.
• Technical requirements gathering where knowledge of financial markets and affinity with numbers are considered a plus
• Experience with design and implementation of functional and non-functional test strategies, including related frameworks and tools
• Experience with AWS EC2, AWS ECS, Consul, and Docker are advantageous.
• Experience with Zookeeper, Kafka, and Ignite are advantageous.
• Experience of one or more of scripting and build automation tools (Ant, Perl, Shell, Python, Maven, Gradle, Groovy) is a plus.
• Knowledge of XML, JSON, web services (REST), MongoDB and SQL are a big plus.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementRight to WorkPay Transparency PolicyE-Verify
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.