Expedia Market Associate Intern - The Netherlands - July/August 2018 Start in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands, Amsterdam Start date: July/August 2018 Duration: Six month placements
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch and English essential
- Should be a curricular internship and your university must be able to provide an internship training
- You must still be completing a bachelors or masters degree at the point the internship begins
- If you have graduated from university, you are not eligble for this internship position. Please see www.lifeatexpedia.com for further opportunities
This role is the foundation of the Market Management team’s responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia Inc.’s brands global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip. We want to ensure our hotel partners can reach Expedia's unique breath of global traveller demand. Our Market Associate intern's primary responsibility is to help ensure that Expedia's hotel product is attractive and relevant for Expedia Inc.’s fast-growing global customer base.
As an Intern you will complete daily calls to help our current and prospective hotel partners achieve this. You will consistently demonstrate data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia's proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard. In addition to supporting hotel partners, you will also support team project work, such as:
Product reviews and promotions
Content or contract updates
Educate hotel partners on the self-service features available on Expedia Partner Central
Support Expedia's business development efforts through smooth on-boarding of new hotel partners
Required Skills & Experience:
High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
Hungry, motivated, willing to take action, results-focused and analytical approach
Organization and time management skills, attention to details
Persistence when facing challenging situations
Appetite for innovative technology in a fast-changing business environment
Genuine relationship builder; builds solid partnerships based on mutual support
Multi-task effectively; able to change gears and focus quickly
Strives to generates new ideas; actively listens when spoken/presented to
Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through various communication channels
Able to work independently as well as be a real teammate
Ability to work based on a variety of important metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
Performance to be evaluated and measured based on critical metrics set by LPS leadership team
Relationship Management:** Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with partners and colleagues.
Solution Alignment: Demonstrates sufficient understanding of products, services and the market for the purpose of facilitating favourable arrangements for customers, hotel partners and Expedia.
- Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing:** Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
- Build & Maintain Teams:**Supports Market Management teams in learning and improving effectiveness to actively contribute to improvements in overall individual, team and organizational performance.
- Drive for Results:**Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
#LI - DPANIZZA
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time