Google Operation Manager, Logistics, Distribution Operations in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world, and the Global Logistics team procures and manages the resources that power our immense collection. As a part of this team, you apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and your problem solving prowess to key logistics processes (managing vendors, shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehousing & distribution, transportation, etc.). Your diligence ensures the global delivery and life cycle management of network equipment is timely and efficient. You help the networking material supply chain by understanding the unique needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of Google's products and services to millions of users around the world.
You manage and motivate a team to develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and then clearly communicate those risks to project stakeholders. You define problem solving and risk-mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle.
The Global Logistics Organization makes sure physical deliveries happen on schedule so Google's virtual world keeps functioning. The Global team is responsible for importing, exporting and installing high value equipment around the globe for all Alphabet entities. As a member of the Global Logistics team, you will manage many projects that require complex coordination of trade compliance, warehousing logistics, third-party vendors and transportation resources.
The Amsterdam facility supports global deployments of servers and new technology to the delivery of networking equipment. In this role, you will ensure that the right equipment arrives at the right location at the right time, as the program management complexity is driven by stringent timelines. You will manage multiple internal customers with competing priorities and you will leverage your experience managing multiple outside contractors to deliver effective results.
You will manage customer communication, team organization, data analytics, performance milestone management and consultation with customers and suppliers.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Solve logistics issues with speed, accuracy and completeness.
- Set up and manage project structure (charter, project plans, stakeholder communications) for each initiative.
- Manage team dependencies across multiple internal Google teams, such as Operations and Technology.
- Provide concise and effective communications with internal and external stakeholders on project status, issue resolution, escalations and accomplishments.
- Improve our planning and implementation processes and practices over time.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Operations, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing outsourced logistics operations.
- Experience in program management and in large scale WMS deployments.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business or relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with outsourced operations and working with and managing third party vendors.
- Experience with warehouse automation solutions.
- Ability to make recommendations on solution based on data analysis, critical thinking and logic; strong analytical skills with ability to define and influence success metrics.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed documented business cases to stakeholders and management.
- Ability to make timely and critical decisions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.