Danaher Corporation Regional Service Manager Northern & Eastern Europe in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Achieve annual service strategies and goals through management of direct service team and distributors. Develop commercial programs and area service plans in close conjunction with the Senior Director Services EMEA / Commercial Director NEE to support and grow Leica Biosystems’ customers in the Northern and Eastern Europe (NEE). The focus will be initially on the Benelux.
Provide the direction, leadership, coaching and mentoring for Field Service Engineers (FSE’s). Advance the professional development, professional conduct, service effectiveness and efficiency of staff. Drive service as a business. Develop a region specific service strategy. Track progress with service, effectively using DBS tools.
The successful candidate must have the ability to progress further with another position within 2-3 years from commencement in Leica or Danaher.
Strategy & business
- Define the regions service strategy in conjunction with the Commercial Director NEE across all product groups in North & East Europe with the partnership of the EMEA Marketing organisation.
- Translates strategy into actionable tactics on a daily basis
- Achieve revenue utilization targets, as well as all the others KPI’s set up annually
- Lead and drive a culture of strong customer focus and change across the region
- Actively contribute to service improvements projects in EMEA
- Drive both top-line and bottom-line with commercial programs and efficient service structure processes
- Support & lead a culture of ongoing development and high performance across all areas and levels in NEE region
- Lead a culture of strong Danaher Business Systems usage.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly Regional Service Meetings
- Attend and staff Regional or EU sales meetings
- Manage, coach , mentor and support a team of FSE’s and TAC associates
- Engage and lead the team to achieve and exceed individual quarterly and annual sales quota , strategic and service objectives.
- Lead all engagement activities for the team.
- Travel with FSE’s providing individual coaching and professional development (target 2 days per week or 40% of available time)
- Develop, maintain and implement development plans for all direct reports
- Recruit, develop and train your team with clearly communicated service and overall performance standards
- Establish Standards of Performance for direct reports and set expectations on completion of responsibilities and duties
- Ongoing focus on associate and team engagement in support of ‘Best Team Wins’
- Build relationships and keep contact with key customers and distribution partners for direct feedback on quality of service and any improvement opportunities
- Maintain relationship with key customers and influencers at major institutions in Benelux, Nordics and Eastern Europe
- Maintain a working knowledge of LBS products, customer applications and key customer needs; monitor trends and track competitor activity; feedback into Commercial and Marketing organization
- Ensure distribution partners are compliant with Service & Regulatory regulations
- Strong partnership with the Commercial Team and Customer Care team.
- Coordinate and lead a culture of change in support of efficient, VOC, continuous improvement
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with all aspects of Danaher compliance and use Leica CRM tool
- Monthly reporting as per EMEA SU Standard Work
- Identify market changes and report to marketing any changes
- Lead a culture of ongoing communication in support of associate development and engagement
- information transfer from contact with the customers to the sales team to improve customer satisfaction and to increase turnover, close collaboration with shared services to safe-keep speedy and smoothly processes and for the flow of information
- Support the tender preparation, forwarding of complex offers to the EU Manager, contract negotiation with external service providers, active management of the key accounts in the area of service
- Implementation of possible and appropriate system modifications according to the requirements/ needs of the customer. Reduction of the inventory to a minimum
- Drive adoption of DBS tools (especially RCCM, standard work, 5S) and accurate use of Mobile Services and of all agreed service processes
FIRST SIX MONTHS EXPECTATIONS
- Clearly identify market potential
- Clearly identify team and individual potential
- Build a Best Team Wins Culture
- Ensure ongoing review of development and performance of direct reports i.e. regular 1:1’s , team meetings etc
- Lead ongoing activities regarding Danaher Engagement Survey.
- Min 5 years people management experience through ongoing engagement activities, development, growth and coaching of employees in service environment
- Experience in transitioning service organization from field-based to remote-support oriented model
- Technical degree or related
- Proven track record in establishing full customer satisfaction
- Knowledge and experience in turning VOC (Voice of the Customer) into continuous improvement within an organisation in support of customers and organisational growth.
- Demonstrated ability to be an ambassador of Leica and Danaher values
- Demonstrated ability to drive DBS onto the service organization
- Fluent in written and verbal Dutch & English
- Proficient in Lotus Notes, CRM and SAP
- Willingness to travel (travel required estimated 40% with the team out in the market, plus customer visits)
- Commercial drive
- Service model transition
- Strong people leadership and motivation
- Tenacity/Do What It Takes
- Working with integrity and leads by example with compliance
- Build constructive and effective relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Strong communication skills – sound business acumen
- Proven ability to lead change in support of a better customer experience
- Effective Time Management and Personal Organization
** To Apply:
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Netherlands-NH-Amsterdam
Req ID: SEL001178