Google Sales Engineer, Chrome, Google Cloud in Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineer, you will have excellent technical and communication skills and your previous experience with the growing ecosystem of browser-based and mobile applications will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You are a confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering. You should also be comfortable supporting and training current partners and driving recruitment of new strategic partners.
You will work with the Sales team and certified partners to introduce Chrome solutions to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features and resolving key technical issues. You will also liaise with the Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and to devise enhancements to Google's Platform.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the wider Google Cloud and Chrome team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept management, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the value of Google Chrome, using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on use cases, integration strategies, networking products, web development platforms and mobile device management policies required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with enterprise computing solutions in a customer-facing role.
- Experience serving as a pre-sales engineer, or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role, including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
- Experience in any of the following areas of IT infrastructure: Networking (VPN, Wireless, protocols), Identity Management (SSO, SAML, LDAP, ActiveDirectory) and Security (VPN, firewalls).
- Experience architecting and supporting software deployment for large enterprises, primarily within Device Management solutions and end user computing.
- Familiarity with Android and Chrome (e.g. with Linux system architecture/administration, Java/HTML5 development, Android development, ADB, etc).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.