Google SAP Product Specialist, Google Cloud (English) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Paris, France; Amsterdam, Netherlands
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
We are actively looking for technical talent to join our EMEA Cloud Product Specialist team. The primary role is to become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects and an expert advocate for our Platform, who can help them get as much value out of our Platform as possible. Product Specialists know our Google Cloud Platform product inside-out and provide high expert support to Sales Engineers on the most complex and innovative projects, using both technical and business skill sets to lead the project forward as efficiently as possible.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work as part of the Sales team to identify and qualify Platform opportunities and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading the technical project including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Travel regularly in EMEA for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working across cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market, competitive dynamics and customer buying behavior.
- Experience in data and Information Lifecycle Management relating to SAP portfolio and technologies.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field.
- Experience with Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies.
- Experience serving as Customer Service Operative or Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience and knowledge of SAP technologies (SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Hybris, SAP Business Objects, Sybase, Leonardo suite etc.) and their architecture and infrastructure needs.
- Experience with SAP HANA, including sizing, disaster recovery, multi tenancy concepts, scale-out architectures and data tiering.
- Understanding of SAP cloud offerings with focus on HEC and SAP Cloud Platform. Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.