Microsoft Corporation TAM in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Microsoft Services Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft Cloud Services and Microsoft technology. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
Services Delivery Manager
As a trusted adviser, the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) ensures that their customers are making the most of their technology by tailored delivery plans to drive business value from the customer’s IT investments and cloud services. You will be responsible for delivery quality and customer satisfaction and will be involved in structuring and managing deals from inception to completion. This role embodies the responsibility of both assembling the delivery team, to structure and execute on the problem-solving methodology and to navigate together with the customer through future Cloud and other IT.
The SDM is responsible for the overall delivery for a customer. She or he manages the process in which the service delivery plan is made (together with the customer). Oversees the delivery and follow-up of engagements outlined in the service delivery plan and effectively communicates the realized. The SDM is responsible for developing long term strategic customer relationships and growing Services coverage and ultimately the delivery and realization of its value. With the Cloud becoming the future for most of our customers, the role transforms more and more into a trusted advisor and consultant role. From a deep understanding of the Industry, the customer and the specific customer roles, a SDM guides her or his customers towards the future and orchestrates the overall delivery of Microsoft Services. The value the SDM brings to the customer is successful implementation and operation and enhance realization the value of Microsoft products. The value the SDM brings to Microsoft is increased customer success and satisfaction and value realization of technology and cloud investments. With the Cloud being the central service Microsoft is offering, all our activities are driving towards Cloud consumption. The SDM directs her or his actions and those of the customer towards this. The SDM is a long term, relationship based, customer facing, consulting, trusted advisor, delivery manager role.
The SDM must establish an network of stakeholders (such as C-level, IT Management, Information Managers, Project Managers and other Business decision makers) at his / her customers to establish an understanding of the current status and the future plans, so we as Microsoft can participate and help realizing the business plans.
She or he enables this by:
• Influencing and managing customer expectations within accounts, based on an end-to-end Services Delivery & Support lifecycle;
• Investigating the customer’s long-term business objectives and anticipating future technical needs and translating them into (sales) opportunities;
• Recommending delivery and support technologies and services that meet current needs, and evolving strategies to adapt to future needs;
• Instigating and leading conversations with (senior) customer contacts to optimize business outcomes for the customer and Microsoft;
• Identifying opportunities for (new) Services through diverse contacts and relationships developed in additional functional organizations or business units;
• Planning and scheduling various components of the Microsoft Services;
• Managing end-to-end customer delivery for assigned account(s); • Coordinating and taking final ownership by managing and using Microsoft internal processes of escalations at and for their customers, providing clear summaries and recommendations when escalations need to continue above their level;
• Support, coach and enable (customer)teams to drive delivery excellence through customer satisfaction activities and behaviors.
He/she will need to lead and motivate others. Customers, partners and Microsoft. Demonstrate service skills and have the ability to think strategically. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and presentation skills together with the ability to interface effectively with employees and customers of all levels. He/she will be the ambassador for Microsoft at the client and for the client at Microsoft.
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge Education:
• IT industry background, ideally within service delivery;
• Strong service delivery, time, project and priority management skills;
• Experiences from managing end-to-end customer delivery for assigned account(s) meeting customer requirements;
• Drive the realization of customers’ business value (such as Return on Investment, Cost reduction analysis and Business outcomes);
• Experience from mapping strategical plans to business function and technical implementations;
• Experience from developing and maintaining C-level network at customer (typically Business managers, Information Managers, Innovation Managers);
• Experience with managing critical and highly political situations with business stakeholders;
• Experienced in Software development, IT operations, technical infrastructure and business innovation;
• Knowledge of the Microsoft technology with solid overview of the Microsoft Enterprise Products and Cloud Services;
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.