Monsanto Demand Planner in BERGSCHENHOEK, Netherlands
Scope of the Role
This role supports the Sub-Regional Vegetable business with responsibilities across all crops. It requires understanding and experience of the Vegetable business and/or the demand planning discipline including processes, planning systems and the use of analytical and statistical data process to help identify improvement opportunities in both demand planning and overall business processes.
The focus will be onus on process improvement, governance and implementation of best practices.
Main Business accountability
Oversee and lead Regional Demand Planning and Forecasting processes and tools to support the respective region’s Vegetable business.
Primary responsibility for developing and maintaining demand planning practices to achieve the best demand signals to supply over the full planning horizon.
The role will involve working with the Global Demand Planning Organization and regional business teams, specifically Sales Leadership, Product Management, Supply Planning, Finance and Customer Care to ensure effective management of supply demand matching to deliver a best in class customer experience while meeting company financial commitments.
Accountability for short term revenue target delivery will require strong business acumen to balance short and long term objectives and improvements.
This role requires the ability to lead cross functional teams to gain advantages through predictive analytics, metrics and sales and operations planning to meet customer requirements and business objectives.
Lead the Demand Review process as part of the Integrated Business Planning model including process and tools to achieve a consensus forecast for demand in respective sub-region. Reviewing recommended sales forecast and inventory goals in line with IBP and regional/global Demand Planning targets (emphasis on accuracy, road map transitions, NVI, EOL & promotions)
Provide feedback and participate in the other applicable Integrated Business Planning functions including Product Review, Regional Integrated Reconciliation and Control Tower
Work with Product Manager to manage combined forecast for a product category, ensuring overall forecast is in line with company targets
Monitor sales vs. forecast and historical sales for all sub-regions and customers on all products. Challenge over/under sales patterns and suggest/implement forecast changes as required.
New Product Launch Planning – Demand planning for new product introductions and product exits using cross-functional forecasting, analytics including life-cycle modeling and heuristics.
Statistical Forecasting / Predictive Analytics– Utilization of systems and other tools to project future product level demand based on historical data and heuristics.
Continues improvement and support of the documentation/mapping of current and future state processes, key decisions, RACI, timelines, etc.
People training and development to enhance the demand planning departments throughout the regional footprint.
Ownership of Demand Planning KPI’s across the region, communicating and leading Forecast Accuracy improvements.
Inventory and excess commercial management, leading and follow up metrics in order to optimize inventory utilization
Accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned and any ad hoc duties as requested by management.
Activities expected within these efforts include
This role provides support for future years’ demand as well as current year demand planning professionals
The ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver better methods and processes to support demand that ultimately benefit supply chain efficiency, cost and customer service
Leading continuous improvement
· Advanced knowledge of excel, computer literacy and appreciation of reporting and information systems.
· Project management.
· Experience in predictive analytics / statistical modeling a plus.
· Previous demand planning/forecasting/procurement experience desirable.
· Experience and ability to work effectively and manage change in a strong matrix culture a requirement.
· Experience Salesforce, SAP-APO, statistical tools, an advantage.
· Project management experience.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in associated role.
· Minimum bachelor degree (or equivalent) and 10+ years’ experience in demand management, row crops, vegetable or crop protection, IT, commercial and/or supply chain management with MBA preferred.
· Advanced English skills both verbal and written, other languages an advantage
· Excellent influencing skills is a prerequisite.
· Excellent negotiating and questioning skills are necessary prerequisites.
· Excellent communication and listening skills are a necessary prerequisite.
· Open minded & facilitation skills.
· Strong Business Acumen required.
· Decision making.
· Strategic thinking.
· Foresight for current and future business needs to proactively respond with effective solutions.
· Objective analytical skills and strong attention to detail to define strategic alternatives and deliver business value.
· Organization and planning capabilities. Energy, leadership and achievement. Able to get things done.
· Cross functional and full process view across long business scenarios involving many areas.
· Takes ownership & accountability
· Continuous improvement mindset.
· Advanced change management skills.
· Managing relationships & Networking.
· Team working, Collaboration, Coaching & Guiding
· Customer Centricity
· Leading change
· Critical thinking about the business
· Results Orientation
· Agility to adapt quickly to changes in our business and comfortable with ambiguity.
· Relationships and Networks
· Initiative and foresight
Organization: EA VEG Supply Chain51070407_
Title: Demand Planner
Location: Europe Middle-East-Netherlands-Bergschenhoek-Bergschenhoek
Requisition ID: 01OJ6
Job: Supply Chain/Logistics
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement