Styron Global Procurement Category Leader Logistics in Hoek, Netherlands
Trinseo Netherlands BV has an opening within the Global Indirect Procurement Team for a
Global Procurement Category Leader Logistics
The* Global Category Leader* Logistics will initially be responsible to lead the definition and implementation of the future delivery model of Strategic Sourcing services to global stakeholders of Integrated Business Services / Supply Chain organization.
Eventually he or she will become responsible to:
- Build, lead and develop a team of procurement professionals across various regions.
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and establish procurement category strategies for Logistics that support the needs of the stakeholders.
- Maintain and execute the best in class procurement processes, ensure proper contract administration, monitor and manage policy requirements, utilize key procurement tools, and troubleshoot issues with our tactical procurement team.
- Lead the collection and sharing of market intelligence in the respective areas with functional partners to proactively identify new opportunities for service or cost savings.
- Lead the execution of (global/regional/local) sourcing projects against identified (leverage) opportunities and subsequent development for new suppliers.
- Lead negotiations and ensure cross functional support / approvals of agreed to commercial terms.
- Manage key supplier relationships and performance to contracts of assigned categories mainly within the region, but also in support of global requirements.
- Ensure all procedures and policies are in compliance with internal controls and support required work process improvements.
Education/Certification/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in purchasing, supply chain, operations management, business commerce or related discipline.
- 5+ years leading and managing an Logistics (Procurement) organization
- Chemicals industry experience
- Demonstrated People Manager skills (including strong mentoring and coaching skills)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong enterprise business acumen
- Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Knowledge of relevant (SAP) software tools is desired.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success.
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment.
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations.
Location: EMEA-Netherlands, Hoek