ASML Availability Architect in Veldhoven, Netherlands
If you enjoy the challenges of improving the serviceability of complex and advanced lithography equipment, using your availability vision, organizational and communication skills, you will successfully fulfill the position of Availability Architect (AV arch)within the availability management group.
- The AV architect generates availability system design capability (waterfall to spec) during the execution of the ASML design process. Verifies and validates the system performance based on test benches, system integration and field feedback. All steps are made in close cooperation with Function Clusters (FC’s) and System Engineering (SE).
- Within New Product Introduction projects you will focus on:
- Set up and own system AV design capability of MTBI, MTTR, PM, XLD’s.
- Make availability prediction based on upcoming design implementations and introduction effects.
- Align waterfall to spec with Availability Roadmap of SE.
- Analyze system availability with focus on design improvement and discuss solutions with FC’s.
- Analyze and explain gaps between expected and actual performance and give direction for solutions.
- Perform deep dives on availability performance for design gaps and field issues to understand correlations & trends.
- Work close together with architects from competences reliability, diagnostics, recovery to define system solutions.
- Communicate the priorities to close the specification gaps to a group of stakeholders in D&E;, program, Customer Support (CS).
Master Degree in a technical area, such as Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Optics/Physics
- 5 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Proven track record in relation to industrialization, serviceability or availability and specifically system reliability, diagnostics and recovery.
- Broad scope: ASML system knowledge, software, mechanics, electronics, optics, data analyses, IT infrastructure.
- Experience in analysis on (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidance for required improvements.
- Excellent analytical skills and “helicopter view”
- Able to influence without power and speak up.
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Perseverance in situations when confront with push back.
Context of the position
Machine Architecture and Industrialization (MI DE MA&I;) is a department within the Development and Engineering (D&E;) sector. MA&I; is dedicated to increase the robustness of the company’s products and processes. The sector drives the industrialization of solutions relating to Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability and Serviceability (RAMS) into ASML’s products from concept till they meet the required Customer’s specification and expectation. Within MA&I;, the Service & Manufacturing Technology department (S&MT;) brings together the key competences needed to enable the design meeting the availability and industrialization specifications throughout ASML’s product development programs. Within S&MT; AV management is a group of project leads and architects that interfaces with system engineering and all functional clusters to drive system availability as an integrated approach for system MTBI (Mean Time Between Interrupt) and system MTTR (Mean Time To Repair). Based on design capability and field feedback solutions are provided (reliability, diagnostics, recovery) and direction for program decisions to minimize downtime of our machines and thus maximizes uptime in our customers’ factories. You will interface with line and program level stakeholders within a broad scope of sectors (D&E;, System Engineering and Customers Support) and use your expertise to inform the Product Development Manager, Product Cluster Manager, System Engineer, Project Leader and Function Architect. You will report to the AV management Group Leader.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: >10 Senior
Available since: 3/30/2018
Functional area: Industrial Engineering, Research & Development
Background: Other- Technical