ASML CSCM - Team Manager Upgrades & Installs in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Machine upgrades are becoming increasingly important to ASML with significant growth expected in the years to come. To optimize turnaround time and costs ASML performs most of these upgrades at the site of the client. This means that thousands of parts and tools need to be planned, shipped and delivered at the customer site on the right moment, at the right quality.
ASML's Customer Supply Chain organization is building a new team to deliver this ambition, in which upgrade, install and relocation (UIR) (junior) coordinators will play a critical role. Over the past 3 years, this team has grown from a handful of individuals to a team of over 40 people in 5 different locations. For our Veldhoven office we are looking for an experienced manager who can lead, develop, and coach a group of coordinators to ensure all supply chain requirements of our field factory organization are met.
The position is open for professionals with an academic background and at least 5 years work experience. The role is part of the central UIR coordination team in Veldhoven and has options for short term assignments abroad. Within the Veldhoven organization, you will report to one of the (senior) manager(s) of UIR.
Ensure that all logistic requirements of ‘your’ business line are met. By coaching, developing, and growing your team of coordinators you take full end ownership of all supply chain related aspects, and make sure all events are well prepared and executed.
The group of UIR coordinators are independent, experienced, university educated individuals with multiple years working experience. In your role as manager you will help this group develop further and maximize their added value. With the significant growth we experience, the pressure is high and there is a lot at stake. You are the individual that takes responsibility to lead and steer the group in such a way that we grow into a scalable organization without giving in on (operational) output.
Besides managing the team you contribute to the logistical performance by managing high level escalations, supporting operationally when the team is in a peak period, and keep a constant focus on the long term requirements.
- Responsible for all logistical (operational) aspects related to your business line and events supported by your team
- Manage critical stakeholders of factory and field engineers
- Develop the team of coordinators both in personal development and organizational set-up
- Contribute to the wider UIR group through gaining a thorough understanding of the (product and process) content
- Building a network of key stakeholders within ASML, and use your influencing and negotiation skills to improve upstream processes to ultimately meet customer requirements better
- Evaluate performance with all stakeholders and identify, initiate & drive improvements
- Relevant Master degree is a must
- 5+ years relevant experience in a large international company (industry or consultancy), ideally Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations or Procurement background
- Experience in (line) management or extensive (autonomous) project management experience
- Knowledge of business complexity, supply chain and/or relevant industry
- Examples of hands-on experience in operations, projects, and team development
- A tactical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who is able to convince and influence others (informally)
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and examples of experience in change management and project management
Leadership skills, drive for results, act under high pressure (decision making skills, people management)
Hands-on ‘feet on the ground’ attitude, structured and “can do” mentality
Team player with a pro-active attitude, flexible and highly committed
Result oriented, convincing, pro-active
Excellent professional communication in English and Dutch Very ambitious talent with a proven track record relevant for this position
Context of the position
Customer Supply Chain is responsible for all customer supply chain activities (machines deliveries, upgrades at customer sites, spare parts management), inbound and outbound flows to and from the factories. Within Customer Supply Chain department, Upgrades & Install is responsible for planning and outbound execution of machines, upgrades, spares and tools to local warehouses and customer fabs. The holder of this position reports to the Central Manager Upgrades & Installs for his/her business line. Strong interfaces with other SCM departments, the 4 ASML Factories, Central Planning, Field offices & Customer Service departments.
- Gross yearly salary (indication, approximately (JG high8-high9, please add)
- A fulltime workweek where you (largely) determine when you start and finish (between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM) yourself;
- A minimum of 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A travel allowance;
- Above-average opportunities for training and study; 13th month;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- Attractive profit-sharing scheme (2015: 18%);
- Employers contribution of 50% of the optional health insurance premium Locations:
- EMEA, corporate role (program) from Veldhoven Headquarters (up to 30% willingness to travel)
- Supply Chain Management is an industry-leading supply-chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So, with over 550 highly educated and motivated people, SCM must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments and customers while actively managing an extensive supplier base. Check for more information our website www.asml.com/scm
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 4/17/2018
Functional area: Supply Chain Management
Background: Logistics / Supply Chain Management