ASML MI DE S and MT Availability Engineering - Availability Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you interested in the challenges of improving the availability of complex and advanced lithography equipment? Are you looking for a job where you can use your Engineering, organizational, and communication skills in a high dynamical and demanding environment? If so, the position of availability engineer could be the perfect path to increase your knowledge in multiple engineering disciplines.
ASML’s Machine Architecture and Industrialization (MA&I;) is dedicated to increasing the robustness of the company’s products and processes. The sector drives the industrialization of solutions relating to Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability and Serviceability (RAMS) into ASML’s products from the moment of their conception until they meet the Customer’s specifications and expectations. Within the MA&I; department, the Service & Manufacturing Department (S&MT;) department brings together the key competences needed to execute the related industrialization throughout ASML’s product development programs. As a part of S&MT;, the AV Engineering group looks for solutions to maximize uptime of our systems for our customers.
The main driver is to increase the robustness of our products and processes with a strong focus on ASML Product Improvement within New Product and Sustaining projects.
Within these projects you will focus on:
- Analysis of system availability with focus on cause and effect (MTBI + MTTR).
- Identify and initiate design + process improvements in cooperation with Functions / Projects
- Align on maintenance packages together with equipment engineers to reduced own time impact at the customer’s site.
- Improve the quality of feedback from the field together with our Customer Support department towards projects and programs.
You will interface with line and program level stakeholders within a broad scope of sectors (D&E;, System Engineering and Customers Support) and use your expertise to inform the Product Development Manager, Product Cluster Manager, System Engineering, Project Leader and Project Architect. You will report to the AV Engineering Group Leader.
Bachelor Degree in a technical area, such as Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Optics/Physics.
- 5 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Proven track record with Service activities and specifically diagnostics and calibrations (RAMS).
- Broad scope (software, mechanics, electronics, IT infrastructure, Customer Support).
- Capable of doing analysis on new design to define the critical availability areas that need improvement to meet specs.
- Familiar with Design and service processes.
- Knowledge about data structure and modeling.
- Used to work in time and budget driven project environments.
- Self-propelling and Entrepreneurial.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- The drive and enthusiasm to achieve tangible results.
- Engineering creativity.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 3/13/2018
Functional area: Research & Development, Industrial Engineering
Background: Other- Technical