ASML Physics Design Engineer- Leveling and Wafer Alignment in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you experienced in defining functional specifications? Are you eager to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others? Then the ASML Performance & Integration – Sensors department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating, integrating and testing solutions to improve the Leveling and Wafer Alignment functionality, within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Responsibilities of a Designer in the Leveling or Wafer Alignment group:
- Participate in the definition of system level specification of the Leveling and Wafer Alignment function, like functionality, performance, cycle time and reliability.
- Perform feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Design the functional specifications and required algorithms.
- Support the realization by giving input supporting specialist software designers in the project team.
- Integrate and test the function against the specification.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites
- Support sustaining activities.
Master’s or PhD (Preferred) in Physics or Applied Mathematics.
Experience with functional specification and integration (data analysis - preferably with Matlab, modelling, defining functional specifications) is a prerequisite. You are experienced with design of algorithms and functional models.
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit
- Ability to influence withoutpower.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Performance & Integration – Sensors is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget in the areas of overlay and focus.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”. Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2/13/2018
Functional area: Design Engineering
Background: Physics, Mathematics, Optics