ASML Senior Embedded Software Team Leader in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Would you like to manage a team of 10 to 12 persons that develops software for one of our leading edge products - Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) Light Source? Are you the self-starter who can deliver successfully although you do not have all the requirements at the start? Do you like to cooperate with Physicians from our hardware teams? This might be the job for you!
Together with your 10 to 12 team members it is your mission to provide and improve software (SW) that enables fully automated solutions for controlling and managing the EUV light source (The Source).
In order to enable the development of new EUV Sources, we constantly need to improve the performance and reliability of our systems. Making robust software solutions for the hardware of the subsystems involved is a strong enabler for the roadmap of our products. Your job will be to manage a SW team that develops software to setup the subsystem drivers, implement the necessary interfaces and algorithms and also add supporting software like diagnostics. Next to creating new functionality, the work consists of troubleshooting and integrating of the new functionality in the existing (legacy) SW releases.
We are proud of our team. We hire talented, motivated people and give them responsibility and the autonomy to innovate. We like people with a ‘can-do’ attitude and we want people who are inquisitive, hungry and eager to grow with us.
- Main responsibilities
- Create and maintain a team schedule
- Track deliverable progress
- Report to the Project Leader of the (multi-disciplinary) functional team and SW
- Development manager
- Organize the work
- Direct and coaches team members
- Build a strong team
- You need to get involved also in the technical details and decision making
MSc in computer science, embedded systems or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years in development of technical software.
- 10+ years of experience in a large-scale enterprise environment, preferably in various software domains
- Solid Project / Team / Line management experience
- Good people manager background - coaching, motivating, developing career plans for the people within the group
- Strong knowledge or stakeholder management
- Experienced in setting up the business priorities
- Experience of Agile/scrum methodology and practices is a must - experience with Scrum / SAFe is a big plus
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Thorough understanding of embedded programming, C/C++, OOP and Linux systems
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable.
- Strong personal communicator
- Hands-on mentality with a pragmatic attitude
- People – process – product mindset
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Pragmatic problem solving approach
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex environment
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
Context of the position
Within ASML the next generation of lithography machines is being developed in the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) program. In the program a new light source (Source) is introduced which creates EUV. The software for the EUV Source is created by the EUV Source Software Department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
Applications sent by email cannot be processed
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 4/17/2018
Functional area: Design Engineering
Background: Information Technology