ASML Spotfire data engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software for data visualization and dashboards.The main focus will be to translate raw data into humanly readable graphical representation, doing this in close collaboration with functional engineers.
You will communicate and collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in developing new applications. You will be challenged by applying a good design process in an agile SW development environment. As senior data engineer you are expected to play a pivotal role in combining the beaten tracks and pioneering in a heavily technology driven company.
The core of the work will entail the definition of usable representations and models of data in the form of dashboards. Next to that, you will be following a UCD process, meaning you’ll need to understand the problem in a specific semi-conductor domain, gather user requirements and translate technical requirements into user needs. In addition that you will help defining workflows in close collaboration with product architects, customer service and development and engineering (D&E;).
Deliverables and activities:
- Design describing the flow;
- Deliver an holistic application, meaning: Dashboards including R code, Unit Tests, Test Results;
- Activity: work in an Agile SW development environment.
Bachelor or Master Degree in computing science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of R programming and data visualization and dashboards (Spotfire,Tableau, QlickView);
- Affinity with testing both at the unit and system levels;
- Good experience with algorithm and optimization;
- Java Front End experience is a plus.
- You are an effective communicator who is willing to prove yourself in a company with highly talented and opinionated individuals
- You are able to act fast and pragmatically while keeping the high level overview, you keep a positive mindset regardless of the challenges that lay ahead of you
Your portfolio will exhibit high caliber work and multi-platform projects.
You exhibit the following skills:
- Strong analytical, creative and visual skills
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Experience with responsive design for applications desktop, laptop and product embedded monitors.
- Experience with data visualization
- Collaborative team player
- Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker
- Proficiency in English
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 4/25/2018
Functional area: Design Engineering, Information Technology
Background: Software Engineering, Information Technology