ASML Team Lead Component Engineering in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you capable to lead a group of component engineers and interact with project managers to get in the forefront of component selection? Are you interested in standardization? Are you the accurate and communicative technical team lead who will support engineers and designers from the Hardware Components perspective?
Investigate and decide on standard mechanical components which comply with the requirements of a project and the ASML design and production processes. Lead a team of mechanical component engineers
- You are able to investigate all relevant information of standard components and compare them with the requirements of the requestor, while making sure that these parts do not contain a contamination risk, and that the supplier is capable to deliver to ASML standards.
- You are able to check the reliability of the standard component and get proof from manufacturer or by performing additional tests.
- You are able to investigate relevant processes at a possible supplier, which have impact on the ASML organization and discuss the impact with all levels within the ASML organization.
- You are able to investigate the request and its impact and guide the requesting project team to find the optimum solution.
- You can analyze new products, projects and risks with e.g. Ishikawa diagram analysis and FMEA?
- You are able to set up procedures, Way of Working (WoW) and documentation for e.g. publication and training purposes.
- Do you have excellent communication and people management skills?
- You are able to perform under high time pressure with a high frequency of interrupts as well as creative in finding solutions?
- English is your second language?
- You are able to present your opinion to the project team?
- You have experience with computer applications as SAP, MS-Office, Visio and Team Center?
- You are willing to educate yourself in all required fields and keep up to date with worldwide developments on mechanical components
Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Many years of theoretical and practical experience on mechanical standard parts and (quality) processes within large organizations (e.g. PPAP, 8D, Six sigma, Ishikawa diagrams, task & responsibility matrix).
- with 5-10 years of experience with standard components in a cleanroom environments or Academical environment
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Express natural authority on the subjects
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Very active, plenty of initiative
- Process driven
- Team player
Context of the position
The Mechanical Standardization engineer Team Lead reports to the group leader Hardware Standardization, a staff department in the Development & Engineering Hardware-cluster.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products.
The department Hardware Standardization is responsible for:
- Standardization of mechanical parts
- Norms and technical standards
- Product safety requirements and execution for mechanical systems and tools
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: >10 Senior
Available since: 4/11/2018
Functional area: Mechanical Engineering
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics